TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Text Appearing as 1-Pixel-Sized Boxes

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 25th 2009#197093 Report
Greetings,

I'm having a problem with text inside Photoshop. I've never had this problem before so I'm not sure what's causing it or how to fix it-- obviously.

I first noticed this problem when I was doing some work in Photoshop earlier today. I was working on a 1024 x 1024 image and noticed that when I tried to add text that I couldn't see it at all. It wasn't hidden behind any layers as the text layer was at the top, the opacity was set to 100%, the layer wasn't hidden, so it should have been visible... but it wasn't. I tried increasing the font size up to the max but again I couldn't see it.

Wondering what the heck was going on I created a new image file at 190 x 190 pixels and tried to add in text. This time something appeared and I realized why I couldn't see the text on the previous piece... because the text, for some reason, is appearing as tiny 1 pixel by 1 pixel sized boxes (and the font size is set to 72). If I lower the font size to anything below 72, than the boxes simply disappear. It doesn't matter if it's custom font or the standard font, it all does the same thing.

I was doing some work yesterday in Photoshop so I'm not sure if I accidentally hit some option that's causing this and didn't realize it; though the font was working yesterday...
I've been trying to trace back through the option panels to see if there's anything that might cause this to happen but I haven't found anything yet.

Does anyone happen to know what's going on here and how I can fix this?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

(P.S. I'm using Photoshop CS2, in case anyone needs to know.)
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 27th 2009#197112 Report
Check your DPI (image -> size), set it to 72 for normal screen use.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 31st 2009#197146 Report
Sorry for not replying in so long... Unfortunately my computer's registry got corrupted and I had to take it in for repairs.

Anyway... Is there any way I can change the DPI on an existing image without increasing the image's size, or is that not possible?
I ask because for the image I mentioned above, the 1024 x 1024 sized image, when I set the DPI to 72 it shoots the image size up to something like 72,100 pixels. When I try to enlarge the image to something like that... my computer just wigs out...
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 31st 2009#197147 Report
Well, make it 1024px * 1024px @ 72 DPI?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 1st 2009#197181 Report
It's an existing image, not one I'm making from scratch.
But I think I figured it out... Looks like I just need to uncheck "Resample Image".
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum