TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Photoshop Error "Not enough RAM"

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 23rd 2009#196402 Report
School Computer:
Windows XP
1GB RAM
Photoshop 6.0

My Computer:
Windows XP
760MB RAM
Photoshop CS4

Projects:
600x400 100DPI

Hello, I use Photoshop at school and at home. When I start on a project at school, I'll take it home to finish. Once I finish the project, I bring it back to school, open the .PSD file, and get the error "Not enough RAM." There is nothing wrong with the school computer because every school computer brings up that error. It is also not a corrupted file because I can open the .PSD with my computer. So my only guess is the settings. What is wrong with the settings?

Thank you for your time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 23rd 2009#196425 Report
hi,
there could be many reasons...
1. now i am not familiar with ps6 but one area i look at is in preferences and see what the settings are for the memenory cache... maybe there too low....

2. another area to look at is how many programs are running the background at startup... although the school pc have 1 gig... there maybe some conflict going on there... ... so try boot the computer without any startups and see if there a difference....
note: have you tried just a fresh reboot and will they work ok... if so then it could be the pc is accumualting a lot of garbabes and there a memory leak especially since ps6 is sort of old for xp ....

3. how much free space on the hard drive..? if small that could do it... also if the the hard drive is badly fragmented... that can cause issues with the virutual memory.. so maybe doing a defrag , regardless that the pc says you need it or not... may help ......

now the above are common issues with low memory and there could be others but i look at those.. there common and easily addressed...

xxxquandomxxx said:School Computer:
Windows XP
1GB RAM
Photoshop 6.0

My Computer:
Windows XP
760MB RAM
Photoshop CS4

Projects:
600x400 100DPI

Hello, I use Photoshop at school and at home. When I start on a project at school, I'll take it home to finish. Once I finish the project, I bring it back to school, open the .PSD file, and get the error "Not enough RAM." There is nothing wrong with the school computer because every school computer brings up that error. It is also not a corrupted file because I can open the .PSD with my computer. So my only guess is the settings. What is wrong with the settings?

Thank you for your time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum