TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

to print monitor quality

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 19th 2001#1985 Report
I'm working with an architecture group, and doing their graphic works. I have problem with color match between screen and the print outs. I use window NT and PS6 to printer is HP1055cm. Whenever I print on HP1055cm, it always comes out darker and sometimes the color changed little bit. If anyone know the best way to match them, Please let me know!! I'm new at this "print" field.
thank yall
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 19th 2001#1995 Report
There are a few things you can check. First of all, have you calibrated your monitor with Adobe Gamma Loader? This may or may not be part of your problem. I don't know where it is in PS6, but in 5.5 you can open the Adobe Color management program by going to Help > Color Management...

And secondly... I'm not familiar with the higher end HP printers, but I work with an Epson 3000 and in the Print Options I can choose to disable the automatic color adjustment that the printer does. Disabling it helps keep the printout matched to the screen.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2001#2011 Report
Thank you!
Well, I haven't solve the problem yet, I'm already back at home.
I will check the gamma this monday and try to mach and do some test print.
I found the adobe site has talking about setting up? (haven't read so not sure yet) about the gamma.
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/13252.htm

You can visit the site, if you are curious.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestion.
I will let you know when I solve this problem.

noboru
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2001#2016 Report
Hope it works. Definitely let us know if that fixes the problem or at least helps. Good luck!

-px
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2001#2081 Report
Oh man, I just spent all nite at work trying to fix monitor to printer color preferences, I would have to say I got it correct through luck... I have heard of some sort of device you hook up to your monitor and it senses the output and does something!! Im looking into this, if i find out any more Ill post it here. In the meantime, let me add a question. Anyone know a good method for getting a PC and a mac to look the same on screen and print the same? This has been causing me all sorts of trouble.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2001#2083 Report
Noboru

Check photoshop color preferences and set working rgb to your monitor, and make sure you have the correct monitor profiles installed. Then when you go to print check that the printer is using its color profiles, if this doenst work try mixing/matching printer profiles to photshop profiles.
For example. Photshop color settings=colormatch rgb
Printer color settings also set to colormatch rgb

playing with these eventually got me to where screen to print was pretty accurate

hope this helps and doesnt confuse....
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2001#2098 Report
Just checking back.
I'm home for the weekend, so I can't really test anything right now.

I do need to solve the problem at work.

rahklin, did you try to change the adobe gamma as well? since you talked about the monitor profile, i would assume so.

if you haven't checked out the adobe site i posted earlier this session, maybe you want to check it out.

i read them, and it sounds pretty good solution to start with.

speaking of the device connect between monitor and printer to print same color, i have heard that too. I never actually know the name of the device and how it really actually work. I thought that was for Mac.. not sure... there is one same thing for PC too? I heard what it does..sucking the color of the monitor and use the color to print... something like that.
if you know the name of the device, i might be able to convince my boss to get me one!

but i guess it would be great to just solve the problem without getting that.

well.. thanks for the post!

i'm sure i will come back for more question.
please be patient guys... hehe

i will do post if i found a solution as well.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum