TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

photoshop question

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 13th 2009#188050 Report
Hello, all ye wizards,

I am trying to make something similar to the davinci code cover in photoshop.

I have the backround (check)
i have the font and similar style figured out (check)
i can't figure out who to get that ripped effect.

see this image: http://www.adsensecode.com/bookimages/cover-new.jpg

for an example.

how to i make that white jagged border, like a "rip" with a photo coming through?

Thank you for your explanation.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2009#188104 Report
im also a noob in photoshop.. but i think,, the ripped effect; you could use a marquee tool..

*use the marquee tool and form a ripped effect like that then delete it.

*clip the imgage you want to insert to the layer on which you formed that ripped hole ( clipping mask )

then i think its done..

i hope this helps... T_T
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2009#188107 Report
there's probably a few tutes out there, one way to try tho :

using a pencil tool, draw in the jagged edge of the top tear, but do it VERTICAL, then fill in one side (what will be the covering part at the top when you rotate it the right way. the next bit is trial and error : using the Wind filter you can get it to distress the jagged edge to some degree, to look like frayed paper (Wind only works left or right, hence you having to do the top vertical). you might have to play w/ various settings, Fade effect etc. when you're happy, rotate the pic so that the tear runs horizontal as per your book cover, and use your normal brush/dogde/burn etc to get the look you want. repeat for the bottom section.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 17th 2009#188122 Report
OLIE said:im also a noob in photoshop.. but i think,, the ripped effect; you could use a marquee tool..

*use the marquee tool and form a ripped effect like that then delete it.

*clip the imgage you want to insert to the layer on which you formed that ripped hole ( clipping mask )

then i think its done..

i hope this helps... T_T

just correcting my previous post man..

its not marquee tool.. rather than LASSO tool... maybe you could use FREE LASSO tool then draw the pattern you want and delete that selection you made.. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum