TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Help with website bg graphic halo effect THANKS!

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 7th 2009#187915 Report
Hello

thanks for any help

I'm trying to create the same or similar effect to the halo in the
background graphic of the joomla.org site

http://www.joomla.org/templates/joomla08/images/body-bg.png

how might I go about it?

Thanks!

Paulbarris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 7th 2009#187918 Report
hi,
when the experts come on they can probably give you better techniques and advice...

but 2 ways i sort of crete the effect..
first i created two layers, the first layer i then create with the marquee tool a smaller box and filled that selction with chosen color, then on the
2nd layer i filled the whole layer with the same color, then i went back to the first layer and did a select inverse....
You want to keep your selction so that you don't overrun the area you don't want to effect..
1. at this point , now one meathod i use was using the dodge tool and change my setting for it for shadows and change the exposure rate... and just go around the edges...

2. another meathod.... using the brush tools , i selected the brush i wanted, the i selected white and change the opacity and flow setting to suite..

i both meathods try different setting for brush or dodge to find the right one to suite you...

anyway that two meathods i know and should get you started and when the epxerts come on they can probably give you better suggestions and advice and tips..

paulbarris said:Hello

thanks for any help

I'm trying to create the same or similar effect to the halo in the
background graphic of the joomla.org site

http://www.joomla.org/templates/joomla08/images/body-bg.png

how might I go about it?

Thanks!

Paulbarris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum