TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

need help

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 13th 2001#1585 Report
i want to make a plug in photoshop for my upcomming interface

http://www.geocities.com/killer4605/new.jpg

and i found the tutorial but i thought of something better to do then to just have the plug sit there and do nothing.

i want the plug to move into the interface once it is clicked, which would load some type of electric-shock effect that covered the screen at the top.

... now how do i do it

ive got the making of the plug down.. but i have no clue what to do from there. someone please help me
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1588 Report
Slices.........rollovers.........

See my answer to YOUR PREVIOUS post under "Showcase" entitled: hmm need some advice

Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1589 Report
Heck, you're coming right along on that thing
and it look pretty cool!
what kinda plug?
like a headphone jack plug?
a electrical outlet plug?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1592 Report
stereo plug

i know i saw u post slices and rollovers but as my name states blatantly "newb" sorry if i reposted something twice.

is swift good to use for this :

ok u click the plug and it slides into the interface, the screen flickers a bit and then text types out by letters.

im sorta in a rush because this is for my stupid history project, even though i think i am overdoing it for a simple school project this is a class i have slacked off in all year and i would like to impress my teacher at least once before i leave that school (im in 8th grade)

i think im gonna take a graphics designing class next year or maybe web design.

one last thing, please gimme a few pointers on my interface because i know it doesnt look too great. i dont really like the light metallic look.. what do you guys think?

http://www.geocities.com/killer4605/new.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1603 Report
1 thing......change the color of that bottom piece to match the color of the border of the screen on the top.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1606 Report
ya i wanted to do that but i didnt know how because i used a satin overlay for the border and i tried to on the interface but it left a shadowey effect. if you know how to please tell me
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1609 Report
First, ummm this is long..... if you aint interested in the ramblings of an insomniac, please foward to another post ;)

ok!, stereo plug..... Lol!

you know that tutorial you used for the wire?

use it for your plug....
on the metal part use a silver color instead of the red you used for the wire
only keep it straight and taper the left end.....like a plug

A layer for a couple verticle black lines toward the left end with an little bevel,shadow and some imagination and you have the little grooves in the plug. merge those

Now add the part of the plug you would be holding onto if you were gonna "plug" it in, and the wire....(I suggest making the wire and plug "straight" and go to the right edge for ease of animation later.

make your plug one layer after you have what you want and make "plug wire" a seperate layer

Place the plug against where its gonna plug into(so it looks plugged up )...but low enough in your layers pallet to be "behind" the interface. (so as you "plug" the thing the interface will mask what part of the plug that should be in the hole.)

Now in image ready when you slice the imge just back the plug layer out a little as a time and keep saving that piece as new pieces. (you might have to erase some of your "plug wire" layer (i did, in a test))

now you have the makings of your Plug animation

Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1641 Report
psnewb:

is that page still running. I can't see it. Maybe it's just me, but I've experienced problems lately with viewing sites from geocities servers.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1648 Report
cut and paste the url in your browser
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1653 Report
Ok, I finally got the URL right.

First. I think you have done some good work here. Especially with the plug. I really like it.

Now, to get the plug to slide is a bit harder. Because there is a lot of movement going on here. You probably want the wire to move in a nice way also. And the wire will not move the same way as the plug (vertical). The wire should maybe curve a bit, go left or right. This will create a large number of pics to get it right. What you need (in my opinion) is tweening to do this. And in my experience there is only one way to go. And that is Flash. But since this is a simple schoolproject, it may not be worth the efforth You can also do it with some fancy javascript. But then again, it demands a lot of pics, and even more code.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum