TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Crisp web images when scaled down.

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 10th 2001#1396 Report
Just looking for a good tutorial or general information on how to get really crisp looking graphics (.jpg/.gif) when you scale down an image.

I have a logo (Illustrator) and want to output it about 125 pixels wide but I want it to be nice and crisp, everytime I output it, it comes out looking fuzzy.

Considering the great small/crisp images I see even here, there must be a "trick" Im just not seeing.

Vector art is in Adobe Illustrator 9 and I just got the PS 6 upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

PS. If you want to see the logo then just check it out here:
http://www.paratrooper.net/aotw/logo.asp
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 10th 2001#1417 Report
I'd scale it while still in Illustrator..... then save it as an Illustrator EPS and open it in photoshop.

I know everyone has their own way of doing things and I haven't been doing these web graphics very long. There is prolly a better way.

The thing you DONT want to do, is resize an optimized gif. They ALWAYS turn ugly.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1461 Report
Ok, tried your suggestion and its definately better than what I had... see the logo in the upper left of my site www.paratrooper.net to see how it came out.

Need to come up with a mini button for the site too... so this is another reason why crisp and small graphics are important.

Thanks for the help... let me know if you think that is crisp to you or not.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1478 Report
that looks pretty good to me, you might try not anti-aliasing it might be crisper. but I think it looks "better"
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum