TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

stitched together (concept for a christmas present)

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 29th 2008#181490 Report
Hi there,
Clearly, I'm a newb to the forum, but as an ever increasing user of photoshop, I'm looking for some forums to call home, and this looks like a very active community.

My fiance and I have been engaged for several months now, and with Christmas coming up, I want to blow her away. I've done the jewelery thing before, and the other various gifts, and I thought a picture of us would be nice. Now, I set up this whole gift about a month ago, telling her about this new piece I was working on, I needed to take photos of us separately for it etc. That's the backstory, now on to the piece.

The concept for it is "stitched/together". Basically, I want it to look like a bunch of photographs of each person stitched together by wool string or something of the like and then a paper heart broken in half on each side stitched together over top of the two of us. Each of of the photographs for each person will be zoomed at different places. For instance, the head will be comprised of a close up of the eye stitched over where the eye would normally be and whatnot. Sort of going littlebigplanet type style in terms of the stitchings.

I don't want to go overboard here describing the piece, but because I am not an extremely advanced photoshop user, just intermediate I was simply looking for some tips, and or tutorials on the stitching together ends of it. Just ideas to add to concept. I've just started working on this this evening, but it's been in my head for over a month now!

Love to hear some feedback on the concept, and even better, some tips!

Oh, I feel I should mention once completed, I will have this printed and framed as the christmas present, hehe.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 29th 2008#181491 Report
hi,
First I had a hard time visualizing what your trying to do.... the word stitch gave me alittle problem because i generally associate that with melding different images together like putting various shots together to get a panorama scene...!!

sounds like you want more of a collage....

now one part that seems to be understandable to me.. is about several shots "stitched together" well i think there you mean several objects tie/connected together with string, yarn or even a chain....

now I don't know your fiance the type of character.... but maybe a little old fashon and traditional may work..

the heart and the string or may be a chain.... can work out nicely....
remember symbolism...... and your project is a symbol..... a symbol of your caring....

ideas...
1. have canvas in landscape , a theme of a charm bracelet or necklas!
where the pictures are hanging from a gold necklas.... and the 2 halves of the heart serves as the clasp... solidly lock together!! the pictures hanging they should give the impression some of are not directly pointed at you but there at some angle.. that can be done with transform tool...

2. another idea.... portrait orientation, have the various pictures form a oval, each picture will be tilted to some degree,, and the edges of each picture be different one picture maybe oval, another the edges are irregular, another maybe irregular and burnt basically idea is that the picture don't have straight edges...,,,,,, you could have a yarn or chain to give impression that there threaded to gether.. now in the middle ... either the best lovely shot of her or with both in the same shot..... the heart... mmm. instead of a broken heart , how about two hearts overlapping each other with a gold ban in middle holding them together .... put that either at the top or bottom of the central picture....
again the symbolism..... the background picture... maybe a nice garden of flowers, or a forrestry scene with soft light or rays of soft light....

like i mentioned i had a difficulty visualizing what your trying to do.... and the ideas above was my attempt to understand what youwere trying to convey... i hope i was close...

Phluxed said:Hi there,
Clearly, I'm a newb to the forum, but as an ever increasing user of photoshop, I'm looking for some forums to call home, and this looks like a very active community.

My fiance and I have been engaged for several months now, and with Christmas coming up, I want to blow her away. I've done the jewelery thing before, and the other various gifts, and I thought a picture of us would be nice. Now, I set up this whole gift about a month ago, telling her about this new piece I was working on, I needed to take photos of us separately for it etc. That's the backstory, now on to the piece.

The concept for it is "stitched/together". Basically, I want it to look like a bunch of photographs of each person stitched together by wool string or something of the like and then a paper heart broken in half on each side stitched together over top of the two of us. Each of of the photographs for each person will be zoomed at different places. For instance, the head will be comprised of a close up of the eye stitched over where the eye would normally be and whatnot. Sort of going littlebigplanet type style in terms of the stitchings.

I don't want to go overboard here describing the piece, but because I am not an extremely advanced photoshop user, just intermediate I was simply looking for some tips, and or tutorials on the stitching together ends of it. Just ideas to add to concept. I've just started working on this this evening, but it's been in my head for over a month now!

Love to hear some feedback on the concept, and even better, some tips!

Oh, I feel I should mention once completed, I will have this printed and framed as the christmas present, hehe.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum