TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Slight color difference

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 19th 2008#181411 Report
Using Photoshop CS4 on Vista with a dell monitor.
I have the standard dell color profile set in windows for the monitor.

Whenever I save "for web and devices" I get a color difference between the actual webpage colour and the colours in the picture. So I searched about color profiles and I gather (I find this profiling thing very confusing) that I should set my photoshop profile also to the dell profile. So I did, but there now still is a slight difference.

For example, the color I use in photoshop is #12141A and once saved it shows up as #13151B

Am I missing something here?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 3rd 2008#184941 Report
LPent said:Using Photoshop CS4 on Vista with a dell monitor.
I have the standard dell color profile set in windows for the monitor.

Whenever I save "for web and devices" I get a color difference between the actual webpage colour and the colours in the picture. So I searched about color profiles and I gather (I find this profiling thing very confusing) that I should set my photoshop profile also to the dell profile. So I did, but there now still is a slight difference.

For example, the color I use in photoshop is #12141A and once saved it shows up as #13151B

Am I missing something here?

First of all, make sure your monitor is actually using your DELL colour profile by default by right clicking desktop >>> properties >>> settings >>> advanced >>> colour management.

What application are you using to view your recently saved images? If it's Windows built in "Windows picture and fax viewer" then I don't believe this can be used with custom profiles.

In Photoshop, have a look in EDIT >> COLOUR SETTINGS. Make sure your RGB is set to your monitor's profile. When you go to "Save for web and devices" make sure EMBED COLOUR PROFILE is ticked and below in the preview box, make sure you set it to your monitors profile. Under the edit menu, also play around with "assign to profile" and "convert to profile".

Hope this helps
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum