TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Printing / resolution / document size

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 10th 2008#181331 Report
Hi guys, I was designing a membership card for a company and set a resolution of 300 and I can't remember what document size I set originally.

Anyway, my sizes now are as follows:

Pixel Dimensions: W 700, H 410
Document Size: 5.93cm X 3.47cm
Resolution: 300 pixels/inch

When I save my psd as any image type, my image is MUCH bigger than 5.93 x 3.47. How can I save it so that it is the size I want, but still the good image quality (resolution) and so I get the same size when I print it.

Yours Urgently,

Borna.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 10th 2008#181332 Report
as long as your document specifies the size, it should print out correctly. i'm assuming the reason it looks large when you view it is because of your monitor settings ~ due to typical monitor resolutions you usually only get about 85ppi on the screen, therefore something w/ 300ppi will appear 3x larger.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 10th 2008#181333 Report
KillerWolf said:as long as your document specifies the size, it should print out correctly. i'm assuming the reason it looks large when you view it is because of your monitor settings ~ due to typical monitor resolutions you usually only get about 85ppi on the screen, therefore something w/ 300ppi will appear 3x larger.

how would i print it?? cause i want to export it as a pdf or an image.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 12th 2008#181347 Report
sorry, i don't know about PDFs, i asume they're like a Word doc where you can just import an image and resize it as needed.

if you save the image off as a jpeg or whatever then as long as you set the image *sizes* in the image properties dropdown bit (ie, the physical size in centrimetres/inches you want) then it should print out at that size : the RESOLUTION you give it will determine how well it prints out as regards quality.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum