TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Help!

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 3rd 2008#181306 Report
Im sorry if this isnt worded very well, but im a newb to PS CS3, and i have an inverted image of a handprint on a window, so theres a white handprint, on a light grey background, and i was wondering if there was any way i can easily cut the handprint out from the grey background and put it onto a completely black background. again, i am kind of a n00b to this, so the easiter would be better. but anything at this point would help!
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 3rd 2008#181307 Report
hi,
there a lot of different ways to achieve this...... it would be good if we could view the image...... because a lot of time it depends on the picture what technique one uses...!!

now selecting the hand,,,, you can use your magic lasso to do that.... if the edge of the hand there good contrast that should work fine.... and it simple....

also using the extract tool might work well...

another meathod is use channel masking but that take a little practice...
note: a lot of tutorials for channel masking...!!

other ways to select the hand and then of course you would inverse the selection....

now to change that grey to black.... again different ways.....
1. you could probably use either the levels adjustment or curves.... to change that grey to black.....

2. another way is under your image menu use the "replace color"

3. after you have selected the hand and then inverse the slection you could use the paint bucket or a bursh and paint black....

like i said there a lot of different ways.... and the image generally determines which is the best

Cypher58 said:Im sorry if this isnt worded very well, but im a newb to PS CS3, and i have an inverted image of a handprint on a window, so theres a white handprint, on a light grey background, and i was wondering if there was any way i can easily cut the handprint out from the grey background and put it onto a completely black background. again, i am kind of a n00b to this, so the easiter would be better. but anything at this point would help!
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 3rd 2008#181308 Report
thanks! this should help so much!
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 4th 2008#181309 Report
hi,
your welcome and good luck on your project..

a side note: i am novice also... and what i do... i keep a copy of all the tutorials that are usefull to me and also i go to some of the other forums where they go in and show how they do things with a image (they 'll show the before and feter) and the various tools they use..... and i'll try to duplicate that... smile.... it my way of learning...

Cypher58 said:thanks! this should help so much!
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 6th 2008#181314 Report
the blendif modes would probably work too, then you could merge down or use a Copy Merged to get your new image.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum