TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Changing Text in a .PSD File

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 18th 2008#181211 Report
I have a .PSD file that someone made for me before I had Photoshop that I want to edit. I'd like to change the actual text of the image, but can't figure out how to do it. I can change everything about the text layers, except the text It's probably something very easy, but I'm a complete Photoshop newbie. Could it be that I don't have that font installed, or something like that?

The image is attached in .jpg format because the .PSD was too big. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 19th 2008#181212 Report
How can you change text layers with a JPEG?

Have you tried using the I text thingy and highlighting the text?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2008#181219 Report
Yes, hit "T" to bring up the text tool... click-drag the text line you want to edit... it should highlight. If it doesn't highlight and creates a marquee, just try again until the text is highlighted.

Once it's highlighted then you can easily edit the text. Look for the text tool button on the top right-hand corner. It's actually called the Character/Paragraph toggle palette or something like that.

note: make sure you're on the text layer first, and that there is a big "T" for the layer icon.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum