TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Using A Shape To Cut A Picture

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 16th 2008#181199 Report
Hello,

This is quite difficult to explain but i expect very easy to resolve.

1) I have a shape with four sides that i created using the pen tool by just plotting the four corners, i then gave this shape a 2px stroke.

2) I also have a very big picture of a landscape.

3) I want to put my four sided shape on top of the picture and cut the picture out to the size of my shape and then for the cut out piece to appear in my shape. ( So my shape is almost like a template).

Is this possible?

I hope i have explained that well. If you would like me to be clearer just say.

Thanks in advance.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2008#181261 Report
use your shape as a clipping mask, there's quite a few Tutes out there on how to do patterns/photos inside font lettering, it's the same principal.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2008#181264 Report
hi,
I don't know if this will work for your specific project....
but why not, after you got your shape with the pen tool, then do a right click and click "make selection" and then simple copy and paste to a new layer...

i am sort of curious if your basically thinking in terms of a picture cube though yours is 4 sided.. sort of sounds like it...!!

Ronnie II said:Hello,

This is quite difficult to explain but i expect very easy to resolve.

1) I have a shape with four sides that i created using the pen tool by just plotting the four corners, i then gave this shape a 2px stroke.

2) I also have a very big picture of a landscape.

3) I want to put my four sided shape on top of the picture and cut the picture out to the size of my shape and then for the cut out piece to appear in my shape. ( So my shape is almost like a template).

Is this possible?

I hope i have explained that well. If you would like me to be clearer just say.

Thanks in advance.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum