TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

plugin for 3d painting (seamless)

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 13th 2008#181174 Report
Hey everyone, I'm creating a 3d Avatar (human model) and getting tired of fixing seams when applying textures to my UV space. I HATE seams around the hairline, sides of shirt and pants, etc. Clean up can either be a pain or it looks bad.

I need a Photoshop plugin were you can paint in your UV areas and it will automatically "tile" your brush strokes so that there are no seams on your 3d model. Is there one out there?

Were you load up your UV layout in photoshop, define the UV areas and paint away without having to worry about seams when I apply it to my 3d model.

Is there such a plugin/script for Photoshop? Or, am I dreaming.?

I loaded up BodyPaint3d, it doesn't do what I want... terrible painting program and I can't find good tutorials on it either.

Thanks for any help.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 14th 2008#181182 Report
not sure you're addressing the right problem here. the idea of texturing is to paint on the texture mapp of your unwrapped UVs, therefore the obvious trick most 3D people do is to plan your unwrap so that seams don't run down obviously visible places, or put them in places where clothing does have seams in real life.
i believe there are other programs that allow painting in 3D space, but i'm not personally aware of one for PShop.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 14th 2008#181186 Report
Thanks for replying... it's a tough one.

Not all clothing has seams, and body parts don't have any... so the problem persists. I've seen pro's mess this up, so it's a hassle for sure.

I usually just paint carefully in Photoshop, then check my work in 3dsMax... back and forth until I can get it right.

I did see a painting program, think it was called Texture Creator, where you can paint and everything tiled evenly. I was hoping there might be something out there for Photoshop and Unwrap UVW's.

thanks anyways.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum