TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Changing proporions within a circle??? Enlarging center in proportion to remainder?

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 9th 2008#181145 Report
Hi there,

I've got an urgent fix to do for some CD artwork, sadly I am far from being a photoshop guru and I don't have time to send it back and get it redone.

Basically, I have a load of text spiraling inwards towards the center of the disk but it ends up a bit too close to the center. I need to enlarge the hole in the middle without distorting the text too much.

My first thought was to try the Filter/Distort/Spherize effect and indeed this does make the hole proportionally bigger but it also makes the text near the edge much smaller than the text near the center.

I need some kind of radial or spiral transform/distortion that will maintain the proportion of the lettering, although roughly would be fine, it doesn't need enlarging very much.

I am using photoshop 7, anyone got an ideas please? I have tried googling but if the info's out there I guess I'm not using the right search terms!

Many thanks,

Roger.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 10th 2008#181146 Report
Roger,

Try using free transform on the text only to expand the text out since you already have it in a circular formation. Hope that helps.

Phantom
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 10th 2008#181152 Report
I would but it's a bit-mapped image, the lettering is all hand drawn. Thankfully this means it's not too obvious when I use distort/liquefy on it :-)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum