TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

How do I cut out and layer images (sorry real newbie here)

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 3rd 2008#181071 Report
Sorry if my question seems really simple but I am a new and very infrequent user and need help.

I want to make masks for a masquerade party. The effect I want is of peoples faces (easy, photograph and upload), then I want to superimpose images of fancy masks I have collected onto the photos.

I need to (i) "cut-out" and re-size the masks and then (ii) position them on the face photos so it looks like the person is wearing the mask. These are the bits I need help with. :confused:

I imagine I will then be able to print the masked face, cut it out and attach to a stick/wand thing.

Any help gratefully received.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 4th 2008#181074 Report
hi,
first of all just a tip... there a ton of ps tutorials out there.... smiling...
if you use the search phrase like example "photoshop tutoral channels" without the quotes ... you get a lot of hits...

now... after you bring in your picture... then bring in your mask as a secound layer ...... the cut away all the unneccsary stuff on that secnd layer where you only have the mask and everything else is transparent...

at this point... you can then using your transform tools you can can move your mask adjust the mask to the person face....

now if you want it to look as part of the person face then look up the various tutorals on mapping.... basicaly sort of merge the mask to the face...

blueshevy said:Sorry if my question seems really simple but I am a new and very infrequent user and need help.

I want to make masks for a masquerade party. The effect I want is of peoples faces (easy, photograph and upload), then I want to superimpose images of fancy masks I have collected onto the photos.

I need to (i) "cut-out" and re-size the masks and then (ii) position them on the face photos so it looks like the person is wearing the mask. These are the bits I need help with. :confused:

I imagine I will then be able to print the masked face, cut it out and attach to a stick/wand thing.

Any help gratefully received.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum