TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Worn Out Wall Paint Effect

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 29th 2008#181060 Report
Hi guys

I'm working on a web project for my web design course, I want make the text background effect. Did lots of search on google, no luck finding a way to do that. I'm not very good at photoshop and not sure what you call this type of effect. It looks like unfinished wall painting.

Here is the link to the website : http://www.ma.tt

Any help will be great.

Thanks in advance
Sac
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 13th 2008#181177 Report
well, if you already have your print selected (i'm assuming you have some sort of wallpaper design in mind), then you'll want to play around with the different brushes Shop offers, and also try different opacity settings.

For example, pick a wacky style brush (splatter effect or something similar), turn the opacity down to maybe 10, and just start erasing areas.

turn the opacity back up to 100 if you want to simulate tears (then carefully paint in shadows if you like).

Play with the desaturation function also to get that weathered look, even add some browns and yellows to add age also.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 15th 2008#181190 Report
There are a bunch of actions out there that will give you the old photo effect but like pixelpusher said "play around with the different brushes Shop offers, and also try different opacity settings." In all honesty that is really the best way to acheive that effect. There are a few sites you can ind some different brushes. I would recommend doing a search on deviant art for photosho brushes. Tons! of brushes there for use as long as you credit. That's an easy one too, just give them a link on your links page in your site. Check out redheadstock, she has some amazin brushes, so does Arethreality.com and Celestial Star.net
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum