TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Cropping and keeping quality

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 28th 2008#181059 Report
Would really appreciate help on this:
I have a large number of sporting photos (both RAW and JPG versions) that need to be cropped to zoom in on player and eventually saved as JPEGs on CD, that can later be printed as 8 X10's by player parents.

When I crop the jpeg (setting 8 X 10 and resolution not filled in) I get a resolution around 150 , too low for printing. I know if I fill in resolution too , PS will use Resample Image and but I will get a somewhat degraded picture at 8 X 10.
Is there a way to use the RAW version of the photos, (since they are not compressed), be able to crop and still save at a printable resolution, without using Resample. If so, could you list exact steps I would take. Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 13th 2008#181178 Report
First off, what resolution are your RAW files? Not sure I quite understand your question.

Load the image into photoshop, goto Image>Image Size. Uncheck 'Resample Image'. Change 'Resolution' to 300ppi. Now, whatever the width and height measurements show that will be the maximum size of your print (if you want to print at the optimum 300dpi).

It all depends upon those measurements, and how small you need to crop.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum