TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

help with transparancy! i've read but nothing works!

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 25th 2008#181039 Report
first of all thank you for taking your time to look at my problem...i've spent a day and a half looking for an answer but nothing works! I have a picture that i try to feather so that the edges won't show when i post it on a webpage but everytime i do it when i upload it, it's not transparant! it's white! is there something im doing wrong? i tried saving it as a GIF and PNG but that still don't work...it works while im on PS but when i save it, it goes back to white feathering! am i making sense? sorry about that if im not! thank you for your time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2008#181040 Report
hi,
my thoughts...
first.... the feathering.. well when working outside of ps... i think in terms of translucient or simi transparent...

next... most older version do not quite display transparent png very well especially if there simi transparent.... so the issue might be with your browser version....

gif..... definitely..... the gif format does not lend itself for simi transparency/translucient..... effect.....

however..... there a little trick where you can obtain the effect...

this link addresses png and gif... which I think you might find interesting...!!!!
http://mysite.verizon.net/hannigan7/lucyinthesky.html

robledjl said:first of all thank you for taking your time to look at my problem...i've spent a day and a half looking for an answer but nothing works! I have a picture that i try to feather so that the edges won't show when i post it on a webpage but everytime i do it when i upload it, it's not transparant! it's white! is there something im doing wrong? i tried saving it as a GIF and PNG but that still don't work...it works while im on PS but when i save it, it goes back to white feathering! am i making sense? sorry about that if im not! thank you for your time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2008#181041 Report
thanks for the reply. i'll look into it! im not a pro at this but im pretty good with reading over and over! lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2008#181049 Report
hi,
i am just like you.. smiling.... so i end up doing a lot of reading.. and i book mark the ones that i likely to use should see ps book marks a ton of techniques and such.. smiling

robledjl said:thanks for the reply. i'll look into it! im not a pro at this but im pretty good with reading over and over! lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum