TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

How to prevent color changes

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 21st 2008#181002 Report
Hey

I've got some problems with the colors of the images I create in Photoshop. When I work in Photoshop it looks great, but when I save them they loose alot of their color intencity when opened in Firefox. They still look great in Safari and in Mac OS X previewer, but in Firefox they look pale. I've read alot about this, and have been told to change the color settings from Adobe RGB to sRGB (and then convert old images to that colorspace) but this doesn't work. Why is it that (for exemple) Apple can make their images look the same in Firefox/Safari when I can't (see images below), what have I missed?

The image with fire is mine, the other is obviously Apple's.. how do I get my images to look the same in all browsers (as Apple do)?

Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 21st 2008#181003 Report
hi,
I don't have a cure.... don't think one exists!

I think it almost impossible... you may get close but there too many variables, it not just the browsers but, the monitors and graphic cards ... let alone about calibration...!!

now as far as the browsers.... from what i can see the main difference between safari (which present version is real new) and your older versions of the various browsers is that safari supports color space and the older version of various browser do not!!

now I don't know if the IE7 or IE8 beta supports color space or if the latest firefox support color space....

this link i think bring into perspective your issue....
http://diglloyd.com/diglloyd/free/WebBrowserColor/index.html

Studio 85 said:Hey

I've got some problems with the colors of the images I create in Photoshop. When I work in Photoshop it looks great, but when I save them they loose alot of their color intencity when opened in Firefox. They still look great in Safari and in Mac OS X previewer, but in Firefox they look pale. I've read alot about this, and have been told to change the color settings from Adobe RGB to sRGB (and then convert old images to that colorspace) but this doesn't work. Why is it that (for exemple) Apple can make their images look the same in Firefox/Safari when I can't (see images below), what have I missed?

The image with fire is mine, the other is obviously Apple's.. how do I get my images to look the same in all browsers (as Apple do)?

Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum