TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Need a recommended plugin to cut out objects.

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 24th 2008#180760 Report
I want to cut out an object from a picture.
As I understand it, this canbe done in Photoshop: but it takes time.
I've been told you can buy 3rd party plugins that will make he job easier.

1. Can someone give me some 3rd party tool names to look up?

2. Can someone send me a link to a tutorial on how to do this in Photoshop.
(I wasn't sure what to search for on google - else I would hav searched myself!)

Thanks.

OM
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 27th 2008#180789 Report
Look for tutorials that show you how to use the pen tool to make clipping paths. Tricky to master, but a very valuable skill to have.
Convert the clipping path to a selection and you can cut/copy and move to a different layer to separate your item.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 28th 2008#180806 Report
hi,
well first of all i think a better word is "select" object because that what your going to be doing before you do any copy/paste/delete, etc!! also by using the word select you'll be much more succesfull in finding thing on the net... ......

in searching i will use the basic phrase phtoshop tutorial and then add the keyword... for example.... photoshop tutorial extraction or photoshop tutorial selection or photoshop tutorial channel masking or photoshop tutorial color range ...etc etc....

always a good idea to upload a picture to a file sharer such as imageshack, it free, and give the link to the picture your trying to do.... there a lot of different ways and by seeing the picture more likely to get replies on what the best way to do it....

with all that said.....different ways you can select and copy an object and which way best well a lot of times it depends on the picture...

now one way select a object is using the extracting tool which you have.......... here a short tutorial http://creativebits.org/photoshop/the_extract_tool

now the following link a a short list of ways/tutorals using your various tools to select an object which you can then copy and paste....
http://www.2dvalley.com/tutorials/extract_photo_selection.shtml

OM2 said:I want to cut out an object from a picture.
As I understand it, this canbe done in Photoshop: but it takes time.
I've been told you can buy 3rd party plugins that will make he job easier.

1. Can someone give me some 3rd party tool names to look up?

2. Can someone send me a link to a tutorial on how to do this in Photoshop.
(I wasn't sure what to search for on google - else I would hav searched myself!)

Thanks.

OM
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum