TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

A Problem with Switching Layers...

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 6th 2008#180641 Report
OK, first off, I run the Adobe Photoshop 7.0 off of my mini mac.

Now, I have a problem that newly came up that has to do with me switching layers. I will try to explain it as best as I can, and hopefully somebody can help me!

In the past, I have created many collages using Photoshop, where I copy and paste tons of images into one document, and arrange them that way, with each "image" being a separate layer.

Until yesterday, I was able to click on an "image" inside the document window and the layer would automatically switch, so I wouldn't really have to touch the "layers palette" at all while I was working.

But now, I am only able to switch layers if I manually do so in the "layers palette." This is not what I want to have to do, especially when there are many "images" that I have to arrange.

I'm not sure if I hit a button, or changed something accidentally, but I want to be able to go back to just clicking on an "image" inside the document window to change layers!

Can anyone help me?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2008#180642 Report
I no longer have PS7 on my computer, and I've never used a Mac, but on a PC, you hold down the CTRL button, (Command Button on a Mac - I think), with the move tool selected and click to auto select a layer. The shortcut to select the move tool is the letter V on the PC.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2008#180654 Report
George Dingwall said:I no longer have PS7 on my computer, and I've never used a Mac, but on a PC, you hold down the CTRL button, (Command Button on a Mac - I think), with the move tool selected and click to auto select a layer. The shortcut to select the move tool is the letter V on the PC.

I will try that, but I never did have to do that before... It was all done with my mouse...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2008#180666 Report
Click on the Move tool (top right corner of the toolbox) Then, In the tool options bar at the top of the screen, put a check mark in the 'Auto-Select' box. That should do the trick.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum