TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

How do you use Photoshop to color Drawings?

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 4th 2008#180627 Report
Yeah i'm an all out artist in drawing stuff and various of video game things onto a piece of paper. Lately when i scan pictures i usually color them in paint which takes a very long time. I've rescently came across photoshop and i have NO CLUE how to use it. How do i use photoshop to color a drawing or sketch that i've made. If not then does any one know where theres a tutorial in shading, colors, highlights, and basics in coloring an image or drawing somewhere on the net?. Much thanks appreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2008#180628 Report
If you could show us one of your drawings, it might make it easier to judge whether Photoshop is the right tool for the job.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 5th 2008#180640 Report
hi,
first I am NO expert, I considered myself a nove.... .. smiling but maybe in my small way i can help a little........
george mentioned be a good idea to post a sample of what your doing....

but some thoughts...
1. as far a photoshop.... well mspaint (assumming your referring to mspaint and not some other paint programs) is a very simple program and photoshop goes much beyound that with a lot of abilities and flexability that msppaint can't do..! so the first thing you would need to do is get familiar with all the tools in photoshop... that needed if for nothing else when you start to do these tutorials that avail..... your not wondering what it is or where it is.... i have been there.. smile...
2. there are tons of photoshop tuturials on the net.... starting from learning the tools to advance usage and techniques.... for example using the search phrase PHOTOSHOP TUTORIAL SKETCH a lot of hits like this

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=photoshop+tutorial+scanning+sketches&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

and this site has a couple of tutorials on sketches.....
http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/Photoshop-tutorials/Tag/sketch/1/

http://www.sosnewbie.com/en/mascot-design/advanced-digital-drawing-photoshop-videotutorial/

3. now another idea..... you may want to look at before investing.... is use something like a wacom tablet... with your photoshop or other favorite paint program.... you can either trace out your paper drawing, or to create it directly into photoshop...... it's like use a paper/pencil and pad.... only your skipping the paper part.. smile.....

4. now another idea to look at but i am not qualifed to say one way or another.. is maybe a vector based drawing program... something like illustrator 2 or above .. or something similar..... a lot of people who are into drawing uses a vector typbe program...... so it definitely something to look at....

anyway a few of my thoughts....... hopefully you will get a lot of replies but if you don't let me know.....
nike_shoe said:Yeah i'm an all out artist in drawing stuff and various of video game things onto a piece of paper. Lately when i scan pictures i usually color them in paint which takes a very long time. I've rescently came across photoshop and i have NO CLUE how to use it. How do i use photoshop to color a drawing or sketch that i've made. If not then does any one know where theres a tutorial in shading, colors, highlights, and basics in coloring an image or drawing somewhere on the net?. Much thanks appreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum