TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Embedding color profiles for Asuka books?

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 28th 2008#180567 Report
Hi all,
I design wedding albums for a photography studio, and I'm currently trying to order an album from Asuka books (in case anyone might be familiar with them). In order to do this, I have to take the folder containing all my files (jpgs) and run it through their "file checker", to make sure all the files are in the correct format. Anyway, everytime I do this, I get a message saying "some color profiles are not embedded". I don't really know much about color profiles, except that the template I'm using from the company is "Adobe RGB (1998)", so I set my workspace color profile to the same. The people at Asuka have not been able to help me, and I'm way behind deadline and about to lose it! Bottom line...Does anyone know how to tell which files have embedded color profiles and which do not? I'd appreciate any help!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2008#180568 Report
The way Photoshop handles colour profiles is contained within the menu option Edit/Color Settings.

In that dialog, you get the option of which working profile you want to use, and what you want to do with an image you open which either doesn't have a profile or has one different to the working one.

So if you open a file that does not have an embedded colour profile, you can tell Photoshop to convert that image to your working profile. There are some other options you can choose.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2008#180569 Report
George...you saved my life! I went through each file and used the 'convert to profile' option, and it worked. Thanks so much!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum