TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Photoshop Shows Incorrect Image Size?

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 27th 2008#180549 Report
Please help. When I Open or save an image in Photoshop, It tells me the image is a certain size. However if I then look at the image size in windows or any other program it is substantially smaller. (maybe half the file size)

If I reopen it in Photoshop it says its the large size again.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2008#180550 Report
kylebrook said:Please help. When I Open or save an image in Photoshop, It tells me the image is a certain size. However if I then look at the image size in windows or any other program it is substantially smaller. (maybe half the file size)

You're not doing anything wrong.

The file size you see in Windows is the size of the compressed file on your hard disk.

When you open the file in Photoshop it shows the true size of the image when it is uncompressed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2008#180551 Report
hi,
it would have been a little help to give numbers what formats working with makes it easier to explain....... .. however...

I don't think your doing anything wrong from what i can see unless there something is not being mentioned...

generally programs can show you either of 2 sizes for a image.... it can show the compress size or uncompressed size or it will give both..!

example.... i have a jpg file.. and my explorer program will tell me 97k
note: jpg is compressed format and the 97 is the compressed size
however when looking at same picture under my cs... image size it will show 1.3 meg!! ... but that is the uncompressed size!!
note: jpg will give a max of appx 10:1 compression (at lowest quality)
png and tif are appx 2:1 compression ...

hope that helps clear it up..

kylebrook said:Please help. When I Open or save an image in Photoshop, It tells me the image is a certain size. However if I then look at the image size in windows or any other program it is substantially smaller. (maybe half the file size)

Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum