TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Help with Transparent Backgrounds!

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 6th 2008#180287 Report
So everytime I open a new document it's not a transparent background. Ill even start a new document as transparent and RGB. Still a white background when it is created. So I tried adding an image. Deleted the first layer. Still nothing. So I used a magic wand, deleted the background. Still white.

I remember having this problem before and my professor told me what it was. But I forget what she said, it was over a year ago. Anyone have any ideas?

BTW im using Adobe Photoshop CS

please help, thank you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2008#180288 Report
I don't know what you are doing wrong, but if you select transparent it should show transparent, I did it in mine and it shows transparent
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2008#180304 Report
Im not sure, I don't get the checkered background. Also when I make it into a .gif, it still shows the white background.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2008#180307 Report
hi,
1. first keep in mind... if you save in jpg you will lose the transparency.... for transparency you need to save at least in png or gif or psd ......

2. ensureing your at least in rgb.... make a duplicate layer of the orginal (the original is locked when first opend restricts some abilities) now off the duplicate layer you can now delete and have trasparent areas....
3. when done again make sure the layer you have transparency showing is hilighted... and save in png or gif or psd also tif has transparency abilities...

IamNumber1 said:So everytime I open a new document it's not a transparent background. Ill even start a new document as transparent and RGB. Still a white background when it is created. So I tried adding an image. Deleted the first layer. Still nothing. So I used a magic wand, deleted the background. Still white.

I remember having this problem before and my professor told me what it was. But I forget what she said, it was over a year ago. Anyone have any ideas?

BTW im using Adobe Photoshop CS

please help, thank you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum