TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

How could I replicate this outline?

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 25th 2008#180174 Report

hey guys & girls, could any one help me please. I been trying to get the outline as in the above image, but i just cant get it right. I tried adding a Stroke, but every time i get smooth edges, instead of getting them like the above image. Is there a way how to get the outline around the numbers to look exactly the same?

thanks in advance
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2008#180175 Report
Hi Red,

Not sure what your are seeing when you talk about "smooth edges"

I tried the layer style stroke and a selection stroke, and I don't really see that much difference between my tests and your sample image.

Here's a screen shot of what I tried. The top image is yours, the middle image is the layer style stroke and the bottom image is the selection stroke.

I just don't see anything specific in your sample that would make me worry about smooth edges. Perhaps you could clarify what it is that you are trying to achieve.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2008#180177 Report
Sorry if my explanation was a little sketchy, but here a pic.

Notice how on the first image the edges are (they are rough edges), and the second image (the one i added Stroke) the edges are smooth. Is there a technique that will give me the same edges like in the first pic.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2008#180178 Report
red-town said:Sorry if my explanation was a little sketchy, but here a pic.

Notice how on the first image the edges are (they are rough edges), and the second image (the one i added Stroke) the edges are smooth. Is there a technique that will give me the same edges like in the first pic.

Ah, now I see what you need. When you said they were "Rough Edges", I thought you meant the outline was rough. I would have describe this as sharp corners. But hey, that's just me.

To get the sharp corners you want, when you open the layer style/stroke option, you need to choose the "Inside" option from the Position drop down box. That will give you the sharp corners you want, assuming that the font you use also has sharp corners.

Hope this helps.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2008#180187 Report
Big thanks to you George Dingwall. Your a life saver. thank you again :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum