TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

No Idea Need Help

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 19th 2008#180095 Report
I have an image it is on my computer, I am being told it nees to be larger, Hi-Res , and 300dpi. I do not know what any of that means with the exception of bigger. I do not know anything about photoshop either. Is it possible to make a photo bigger, hi res and 300 dpi? if anyone can help please email me
[email]corysontag@yahoo.com[/email]

any help would be great if this can be done please dont tell me it is something that will take you 30 seconds, please at least make me feel like it is very difficult and if it is difficult please help.

thank you in advance
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2008#180106 Report
hi,
these are my thoughts...
a few basic thoughts.....
1. first keep in mind when enlarging a picture your adding pixals and adding too many pixals can reduce the quality of a picture.. so it generally best to shoot a picture at the largest resolution your camera can do.....
2. some program can enlarge a picture very good minimal quality loss but a lot of time it depends on what resolution your starting out with for example you have 640x480 .... and you want to go to appx 4800x3200 that maybe to big of a jumpt.....
3. your pixal resolution- certain resolution print better at certain sizes...
for example.. a 640x480 about the max printing size is about 3"x4" ,but would look very poor on a 8x11...... where as something above 3000x2000 you can get nice printing on 8x11"
4. dpi- dots per inch...... sometimes people also use ppi (pixals per inch)
interchangeably.... when printing , for the high quality printing you want the spacing between the printing dots to be close.... and that why you like to have 300 dpi ....

now.. sounds like there going to print on large paper and hense that why they need hi resolution (a lot of pixals) and the high dpi

like i said enlarging a picture too much.. will deteriate a quality... but a procedure i use to enlarge pictures for printing and it does a fairly good job...

1. go to your image size....
2. uncheck "resample" then put in the dpi setting you want...!!
3. at this point your files size hasn't changed.....
4. i will then recheck "resample"
5. i generally choose bicubic sharper... but try both bicubic sharper or bicubic smoother... pick what ever works best for you...
5. then I plug in the new "document size" or pixal size i want....! at this, point file size will change.. over all the quality should be fairly good...

the results are pretty good

i hope this helps

[QUOTE=ighbrow;180095]I have an image it is on my computer, I am being told it nees to be larger, Hi-Res , and 300dpi. I do not know what any of that means with the exception of bigger. I do not know anything about photoshop either. Is it possible to make a photo bigger, hi res and 300 dpi? if anyone can help please email me
[email]corysontag@yahoo.com[/email]

any help would be great if this can be done please dont tell me it is something that will take you 30 seconds, please at least make me feel like it is very difficult and if it is difficult please help.

thank you in advance[/QUOTE]
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum