TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Filling a layer with color

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 14th 2008#179980 Report
I was reading a certain tutorial for photoshop where it says to 'create a new layer and fill it with a certain color'.
So how do I fill a layer with color!? Im perplexed!
Any help will be appreciated!
Thank you!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2008#179988 Report
1. In the layers palette, make sure your layer is selected.
2. In the toolbar(the tall rectangle thing that is always there when you open
photoshop) select the path selection tool(the arrow next to the T) and
right click on the thing you want fill.
3. Choose fill path and click color.
4. Select your color and click OK.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 17th 2008#180035 Report
Thanks For the tip man!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 17th 2008#180036 Report
If i could go a little bit further in this conversation; I think it's on the same topic.
Is there a tool so that you can add a colour to a set area, and have Adobe do all of the shading for you?

Ex. I have a red scarf and a black and white scarf. And i'm trying to make that B&W scarf the same colour as the red, but i'd like to keep the original shadows/shading already on the B&W scarf.

Is this possible?

Thanks =]
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 17th 2008#180039 Report
hhayden1 said:If i could go a little bit further in this conversation; I think it's on the same topic.
Is there a tool so that you can add a colour to a set area, and have Adobe do all of the shading for you?

Ex. I have a red scarf and a black and white scarf. And i'm trying to make that B&W scarf the same colour as the red, but i'd like to keep the original shadows/shading already on the B&W scarf.

Is this possible?

Thanks =]

Hi there,

You need to select the scarf whose colour you want to change and then add a solid colour adjustment layer to the image of the scarf using the colour you need. This will appear to completely cover the scarf in a solid colour.

Now you need to change the blending mode of the adjustment layer to Colour. You should now have your scarf with the new colour, but you should still see all of the original texture of the scarf.

Here is an example of changing colours using this method.

Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum