TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Vertical Type

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 13th 2008#178948 Report
Im a novice. Im using Photoshop CS2.

I am trying to make a template & so far so good. One problm I'm having is with my Vertical Text. I can make the text fine, goto layer---> raster & Crtl + T to rotate, but I am unable to find a way to make the letters go sideways down the side of the picture.

C
A
N

D
O

T
H
I
S

But I want the top of the letters to all face the left side of the picture.

There must be a way, but I just cant seem to find out how.

This is the orientation Im basically looking for:

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Please dont get to technical, I'm pretty new with this program, but I catch on quick ;)

Thanks,,,Bobby ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 13th 2008#178950 Report
After you have typed in your text, but before you commit the text to the page, hold down the CTRL button and then you can rotate the text by clicking anywhere outside the text area and dragging the text until you get the angle you want. If you also hold the Shift Key down while you are rotating the the text, it will make it easier to get exactly 90 degrees.

If you have already committed you text to the page, press CTRL + T to bring up the Transform option and click and drag as above to rotate the text.

Hope this helps.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 13th 2008#178952 Report
Sorry, system cramp---duplicate post---See Next

Thanks,,,Bobby ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 13th 2008#178953 Report
[B][COLOR="Red"]EDIT:[/B] I was able to figure it out. George, you were so close. Instead of starting with Vertical Text, I should have started with Horizontal Text placed appropriately. Then your method worked like a charm! [/COLOR]

Thanks!!

BOBBY,,,,AKA,,,,DreamRyder;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2008#178955 Report
[QUOTE=DreamRyder;178953][B][COLOR="Red"]EDIT:[/B] I was able to figure it out. George, you were so close. Instead of starting with Vertical Text, I should have started with Horizontal Text placed appropriately. Then your method worked like a charm! [/COLOR]

Thanks!!

BOBBY,,,,AKA,,,,DreamRyder;)[/QUOTE]

Hi Bobby,

I was assuming you would be starting with horizontal type, and then doing the rotation.

Glad it's sorted.

Bye for now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 8th 2008#180315 Report
How do I create vertically stacked text?

H
o
w
?

I've tried ms word and the fonts look terrible.
Now I'm willing to try photoshop or anything that will work with minimal effort.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum