TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

text on path

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 8th 2001#1163 Report
Hi, I'm wondering how it's possible to make text on a path in Photoshop 6? Thanks!

For instance I want text to align on a oval. How do I do that? Thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2001#1183 Report
Nobody knows??? :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2001#1184 Report
Make text on a path. The simple answer is no...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2001#1196 Report
That's too bad. I know Illustrator and Indesign can do it. Why not Photoshop? :(:(:(
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2001#1205 Report
Text on a path?

Well not really but a good clone IS possible
"taken in part from tut I did a while back" (i dont remember where I extracted the text from so if its your tutorial speak up!)
Lets Begin

1> Create your usual photoshop image, using RGB mode and place some text onto the canvas, it's not really important how big the text is, so choose your ideal size. Although it must be stressed that you'll need the canvas high to fit the text vertically, this'll become apparent very shortly

2> Now here comes the clever bit, rotate the layer 90 degrees CW (counter clockwise), so your text is now sitting upright (perpendicular etc).

3> Using the rectangular marquee tool create a selection of half the vertical height of the text.

To distort this area of the image, FILTER>>DISTORT>>SHEAR, and using the tool bend this area of the image (make sure the transparency option isn't checked).

4> To finish distorting the image, simply move the selection to the other area of the image and repeat step 3 in the other direction. You should now have curved text worth kinda like Illustrator, corel or (my favorite)Freehand.

5> Obviously, you simply need to rotate the image (remember to deselect it first "Contorl+D") counterclockwise so you can start playing with it.

A pretty basic tip but it doesn't occur to everyone. If you're feeling adventurous, you can achieve some pretty mad effects by leaving the 'preserve transparency' option ticked while you're doing yer stuff
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1218 Report
Interesting.

Someone mentioned rotating a layer... is it possible to just rotate one layer and not the whole image?

Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1219 Report
omg! Nevermind, I just read the answer in the "how?" discussion. I can't believe I'd never found that. Sweet.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1246 Report
Hehe!....I find new things like weekly
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1255 Report
You could type each letter on a different layer.

Then rotate the letter to fit the oval.........continue until finished.

Yes, I understand it would be a pain in the ass....but it's a simple explanation.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1298 Report
Originally posted by mattboy_slim
You could type each letter on a different layer.

Then rotate the letter to fit the oval.........continue until finished.

Yes, I understand it would be a pain in the ass....but it's a simple explanation.

Yes, this is possible. Thanks! But it is certainly pain in the ass. Especially if you have a lot of characters you want to fit on a circle.

I think I'll just combine Photoshop and Illustrator to do this work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum