TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Save for the web messed up my picture wtf

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 7th 2001#1118 Report
I made some text added a drop shadow and bevel emboss with a transparent background went to save for the web and it turns my drop shadow into white why?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 7th 2001#1119 Report
Need more info.

What version of Photoshop?

Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 7th 2001#1120 Report
version 6.0 I'm trying to make some text with a drop shadow and have the background transparent so the background on my web page will show up.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 7th 2001#1121 Report
(you prolly know this)

make sure you are saving as .gif, .jpg doesn't support transparancy.

make sure your drop shadow isn't too close to the background color you want to be transparent.

did you "specify" a transparent color?

*just some thoughts*
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 7th 2001#1126 Report
Also, make sure you are using 256 colors in the .gif. If you have it at a smaller color setting, like 32 or something, it may take out the drop shadow color because it averages all of the colors together and drops a lot of them. That is especially a problem if there a lot of colors in the .gif in addition to the drop shadow.

Hope that helps.

Derek
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2001#1200 Report
Still funked up? The shadow is there but when I go to save for the web it buts in a white background right under the text why?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1231 Report
I tried what you were having trouble with on my computer, and got the same result. It put in the white background. If you go to File>Export>Gif89 Export, it should work. It just doesn't look very good. I think you would get better results if you just put the background color of your page on the image itself. But I don't know, that may work for what you need it to do. But just go to export instead of save for web, and it should work fine.

Derek
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 10th 2001#1367 Report
Okay, you can fix this.
What you need to do is specify a matte color.

Your drop shadow and your anti-alias text contain partial transparency, GIF files don't support this (only one color can act as transparent). So Photoshop gives the image a matte color (default is white) to make these partial transparent areas opaque.

Save for the Web allows you to change the matte color to any color you want.

In the save for the web options, look for the box labled Matte (in-between Dither and Web Snap). Click inside the box and the color picker comes up, or click on the arrow and choose Other. Pick your background color (or the most predominant color in your background).

That should do that.

Sorry I got a bit wordy, but I hope this helps.

Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 10th 2001#1415 Report
Very nice!

thanks...
I didn't know how to fix it but I was gettin the same thing.

set transparent color
set matte color to same color
tah...dah! no more white BG
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum