TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Why is save for web not working?

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160504 Report
I loaded my PS onto my Mac OS X today and everything was going smooth until I went to save my image. I click to save for web, but it isnt clickable...it's greyed out. Whats up with that? Can anyone help on this?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160509 Report
Save for web is powered by ImageReady...so make sure ImageReady is installed. ImageReady SHOULD come with photoshop, unless it's a hacked or illegal version or something. Not to make any assumptions.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160514 Report
*doesn't have ImageReady installed and has Save for Web* ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160525 Report
Is the image in RGB mode?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 1st 2006#173704 Report
l I went to save my image. I click to save for web, but it isnt clickable...it's greyed out. Whats up with that? Can anyone help on this?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 1st 2006#173706 Report
[QUOTE=joelpsmith]Is the image in RGB mode?[/QUOTE]

^^^^^
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 1st 2006#173710 Report
Actually "save for web" should be available in ANY mode except Multichannel.

CMYK, Grayscale, Bitmap, Lab, Indexed.... ANY can be saved using "save for web".... they all however will be in RGB/indexed mode after being saved.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 12th 2009#196975 Report
OK. I was directed to come to this post after finding another post after I typed in the search box "save for web". They asked not to double post and I replied that sometimes we don't know we are because after searching forever for what we are looking for we can't find it (and take hours and hours to find the problem) so we post a question looking for some help (being new to all of this). This post does not tell me why my screen is grayed out and why my slice tool cannot be selected (although my hand tool, zoom tool, and eyedropper tool are totally accessible, and why my color table on right is all grayed out as well. I cannot do anything under save for web. This now makes me unable to complete my project for college (which was due on Tue) and I need to hand it in tonight so I dont get any more points taken off (after getting 20 off tonight for 2 days late already). I am so frustrated with PS at this point. How am I supposed to be able to save for web and make necessary changes if I am supposed to have IR and it it no longer availabel in CS4? Makes no sense to me whatsoever why Adobe would take IR off if it is needed this much and makes PS unusable.
Any help other than this post would be very much appreciated as I am ready to give up on PS, and my DW class at this point.
Thanks a lot,
Penne
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 12th 2009#196976 Report
p.s. I have been on so many forums looking for an answer to this problem. I have been on tutorials to see if I am doing anything wrong and have not been able to see that.
Penne
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 12th 2009#196977 Report
p.s.s.
after reading this post again, this isn't what I am experiencing. I can click on Save for Web (that itself is not grayed out if I am reading this post correctly-that is what it sounds like). It is after that, that it is grayed out, no slice tool, and color template on rt is gray as well.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum