TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Ack!, help

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 3rd 2001#926 Report
Let me preface this by saying...I'm new to the web graphics world, but I've been doin' graphics a loooong time.
ok, I have finished (well prolly not FINISHED but, you know...) my first attempt at a GUI type website Everything went pretty smooth till it came time to "slice" the graphic. Now in all my years of doing "print" graphics I never got faced with this challenge. I have image ready that came with PS 5.5 but I just have never even launched it till the other night using the "save for Web" function. I have been told that is the thing to use to do the slicing....I just dont know. IF it is and someone can point me in the direction of some material on "image ready" please do!

Anyway, I have run across several tut's that show you how to do the slicing in PS just using the rectangle selection tool and guidelines. Thats what I tried. Everything fits "BUT" ALL MY ROLLOVERS on the left side!
Now I used the same selection to select/copy/paste and save as new file on the "on" and "off" image, but the darn things are NOT the same size!

Here is the test URL.....OH yeah, and its a pretty big D/L if you are on 28.8
http://home.hiwaay.net/~cbutts/oddstuff/webregionsite/index.htm
Any help/hints or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

*for my next post, mabey I'll recite hamlet* Lol!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 3rd 2001#928 Report
Just create your image in photoshop and convert it to Image Ready (bottom button of you tools window). Now, in image ready select the slice tool from the toolbar and star creating slices :D

I recommend you to use the 'snap' feature so you won't get all messed up slices.

Have Fun
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum