TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

eyedropper tool screwed?

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 1st 2004#135612 Report
when I select a colour with the eyedropper tool, isn't the corresponding colour supposed to be set to the foreground colour? But mine sets it to the background colour so I have to switch it around when I want to use it - trust me, big hassle.

so hopefully this isn't normal, and if anyone can help me, please, please do, I'll be really grateful.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 1st 2004#135627 Report
If you use the eye dropper tool normally, it sets the color to foreground; if you hold ALT while using it, it'll set it to background color.

However, when you're using other tools such as the paintbrush, holding ALT while in Paintbrush mode will let you switch to the eyedropper tool, snag the color to foreground, and then switch back to Paintbrush.

And if that doesn't help, you could always use the keyboard shortcut to switch foreground->background colors by hitting X.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2010#199094 Report
I think what fallsauce meant is that when the eyedropper is used as an alt to the paint brush tool, it sets the selected colour to the background colour. I suspect this because this is what mine is doing.

I've gone all through the shortcuts, trying to find the eyedropper in connection with the paintbrush, but to no avail.

I realise that this thread is several years old, but my research has yielded no result but this. What is this strange malfunction?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2010#199095 Report
Hello Hermes,welcome to the forums
I think it is safe to say that the original starter of this thread
will not answer( I could be wrong but
Last Activity of fallsauce: 01-01-2004 03:02 AM
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2010#199096 Report
Ah, scratch that, I have found the answer. In the colour window, there is a sneaky duplicate of the background/foreground icon. When the background of this doppelgänger is selected, it will just mess everything up. So, select the foreground.

Horray!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum