TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

having trouble making masks in 6.0

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 1st 2001#879 Report
I'm using the tutorial located at www.teamphotoshop.com/photoshop/tutorials/tools/maskface/mask_face.php

It is a nice tutorial, but I think it was written for an earlier version. I can only find ONE masks button, I 'm guessing that would be the quick mask. Also, I can't get it to show both the mask and the rest of the picture. I can only show the mask and the rest is transparent. I can edit it ok, but it is dificult without knowing what i am masking/unmasking.

Could someone explain what i am doing wrong?

Thanks,
--LNMEgo
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 1st 2001#880 Report
5.5 and 6.0 both have the same mask button setup as well as 5.0 if I remember correctly. Are you sure you are in the right area?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 1st 2001#881 Report
we'll i just hit the mask button on the bottom of the layers box. there is only one mask button choice, right ??

here's a screenshot. i drew an arrow to the button i think i 'm supposed to be using.
sorry i did reduce it to 50%

Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 1st 2001#884 Report
No, use the quick mask button in the long tool bar right below the color bar. The one with the marquee tools, etc. Look at the tut again so you can see a picture of the quick mask button. It is directly below the foreground/background color tool on the main tool palette...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 1st 2001#887 Report
i see it now, oops.

it has nothing to do with that mask. why is the other one available? can someone refer me to the reason for both types (why do they have the same name!?).

and to pank: thanks for the help. i should have read more carefully.
--LNMEgo

edit: a better question. once i save the mask as an alpha channel, how do i use it as a mask again?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum