TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

ImageReady Help

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 26th 2001#10029 Report
I made a pretty cool interface and I need to split it up into a couple pieces. I used the slice tools and got the boxes drawn in...but now what do I do. I couldnt find a command to make a new window with each one of the slices...
I'm going to have a mouseover on part of it. The mouseover exists on a different layer of the PSP file. Could someone help me out on how to slice them up and have it do the mouseovers for me? Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10099 Report
OK.

Take the PSD you want to use, make sure all of your rollovers are on separate (but hidden) layers.

Then on the bottom of your main toolbar, click the VERY BOTTOM button.

---------------------------
In Imageready, select your "Slice" tool, and slice the image to your heart's desire.

When finished, select the "Select Slice" tool (it's under the Slice tool button), and select the slice you want the rollover to occur.

Then, there should be a window on the bottom-left of the screen. If it's not there, go to Window-->Show Rollover.

Then, there will be 1 little picture of your slice. Click the "New State" button (looks like a page with the corner folded).

Then you will have a new little picture of your slice, bringing the total to 2 pictures. That second picture is the "OVER" state. Which means that when your mouse moves over that slice/state, that is what your rollover will look like.

On your layers pallete, choose the layer that you made your rollover on, and "SHOW" it. Then, if it isn't already there, move it to the desired location.

When you get it in the spot you want it, click the "New State" button 2 more times to get the "CLICK" and "DOWN" states. Then click the original state "NORMAL", then click the "New State" button again to get the "OUT" state.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat as needed.

If you get stuck, just let us know.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10304 Report
Ok that was EXACTLY what I wanted to know, I always woundered how you did that! Thanks Mattboy Im going to try that as well :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10305 Report
Ok all I need to know now is how do I save it so I can put it on my website?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10313 Report
I dont really know. I havent worked with slices before. So i dont know alot. But i am sure this a tut on this site around here somewhere.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10374 Report
Mattboy: Ok I did what you said, but I dont know how to save just that slice. Is there a way to copy what is in the slice and paste it into a new document - (so all the slices I have are in their own new file) That way I could do the same thing with the mouseovered images and the slice lines would be the same. Is this possible? Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10483 Report
File-->Save Optimized
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10572 Report
Thanks. I did all of that.....but in the end I ended up using the marquee tool and guides =) All that for nothin.....Oh well. Next time I might do it that way. It looks like there is alot of potential in the program....I just dont have the time to learn it. Thanks again.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum