TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Scratched Film Effects

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 23rd 2001#9552 Report
Hi all,

Would anyone know of a tutorial on how to create a scratched film effect a la the into to Se7en and the pop & DVD packkaging of Fight Club? I'm really curious about the process and would love to recreate it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 23rd 2001#9604 Report
I'm working on it right now.......I'll let you know how I did it if it comes out looking decent.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9675 Report
Thanks, I'd love to see it.
And please excuse the horrible spelling in my first post. I think that was a pre-coffee moment.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9688 Report
Oh wow, sorry man, I started making that at home and ended up watching a movie. I forgot what I was making that for.

Well I'm at work right now, and I don't get off for another 4 hours or so, but I'll let you know when I get home.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9730 Report
OK, sorry it took so long.

1) What I did, is just wrote some text, any font, any size, but black and preferably big enough to take up the width of the image

2) Then I rasterized the type

3) Edit-->Rotate CW (Then your text will be up and down

4) Filter-->Stylize-->Wind-->Gust

5) Run it a few times if you have to, to make it so that you have very little text left, only a few lines

7) Then take your text layer and flip it back on it's side

8) Then you can cut and paste bits and peices of it to put all over your image.

9) If you want the scratches to be white, go to Image-->Adjust-->Hue/Saturation-->Do not colorize. Drag the lightness bar to the right.

10) If you need to, go to Image-->Adjust-->Curves and swing that little line back and forth until those scratches look better

**) If you want more scratches without doing this over and over, just make multiple text layers and merge them together before adding the wind filter.

--I know this may not have been very clear, but I threw it together because I almost forgot about ya' again.

::EDIT
On the following image I have a little bar-code lookin' think. I can't cut it out because when I select an area, PS encounters a fatal error.......grrrrrr.........gotta' re-install.
/::EDIT

But this WILL work somewhat because I did this image with that technique: http://mattboyslim.homestead.com/files/Heath_Golf_Old.jpg

Here's one with white scratches:
http://mattboyslim.homestead.com/files/Heath_Golf_Old_White.jpg

I don't remember Seven,......been a long time since I saw it, but I hope this is what you are talking about.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9746 Report
Is Wind > Gust a Photoshop 6 thing?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9760 Report
nah, I'm pretty sure he meant "Blast"
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9761 Report
Yeah, thanks Torn........
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9776 Report
Also, you might want to try some of the nice brush selections at www.digitexturia.com. They have a nice selection, most of them give the desired effect, you just have to play around with them and be creative.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9824 Report
Thanks all, I'll try it out and see what happens. Cross your fingers. :D
Thansk especially to Matt for the quick responses. Hope I can return the favor sometime.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum