TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Hey

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9344 Report
HI all

I am entering this webpage making competition and i have a few concepts, But i need your help. Give me any suggestions to what might make it better. Here is a couple of sketches for you to look at. I will make them using the 1 pixel beval kinda bars so it is simple effective and fast loading. COuld anyone tell me how to do it. And for the info page i am going to make a wrieframe person in poser and have it so when people click on various parts of the body text loads about that particualr part. Could anyone help me show me some examples of bars like i have explained or maybe guide towards another type of interface.

http://crackedeggos.homestead.com/files/body_info_intafas.gif

http://crackedeggos.homestead.com/files/yyyyyy.gif

P.S sorry about the pics i don't know why they were so big.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9346 Report
Try this.............

1) Sit down

2) Open PS

3) Draw

4) Draw

5) Sweat

6) Crack your knuckles

7) Draw

8) Paint

9) Undo

10) Draw

11) Smoke

12) Have a beer

13) Draw

14) Pull some hair out

15) Smoke

16) Draw

17) Pop in a CD

18) Turn off the CD

19) Turn on the TV

20) Watch a movie

21) Take notes from that movie...things you like

22) Draw, draw, draw

What I'm getting at is that only YOU can decide what is right. If you're going to win that competition, you're going to have to do something that is your own and only your own. If you take pointers and notes from other websites, that is just not going to work. In that contest, I can 100% assure that ORIGINALITY is going to be one of the biggest deciding factors.

So just sit down and draw....whether it looks like crap or not....just keep drawing....

Then take that drawing, and start a new one, taking you favorite points off that.

Keep doing that over and over and over until you can't possibly give up anything.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9350 Report
lol thnx
Umm what do you think of this. is it to plain it is the start of my scroller.

http://crackedeggos.homestead.com/files/what.gif

What do i neeed to do to spice it up. SOrry mattboy this is my last question i promise then i will get stuck into it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9351 Report
Mattboy gave some great tips... That's what I would suggest. Doing the pixellated stuff really isn't hard at all. Just use the 1 pixel pencil and start filling in dots. It's like one of those old light brights. Especially with something as simple as you have sketched out. Just make a square. Or make a 45 degree angle. Not hard in the least. And you already know how to do the rest of it. So you'll be fine.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2001#9352 Report
I like it.

It's simple, and effective.

But that font just has to go.

I would look at trying the font "Capacitor" for that.

With those angles, I think it would look good.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 22nd 2001#9374 Report
/me thinks it is time for the typography talk

Indeed that font has to go.

Picture it like this. Your typography is going to speak volumes about you, your inspiration and your skills as a designer. You can make all the 1px bevels and 45 degree angles you want, but if you can't tie it together with the right type, it's not going to work at all.

I am not a professional. I am not even trained in typography or webdesign. It is something I do as a hobby. But the one thing you will notice from successful/well-known artists is that their type ties the rest of a piece together.

On that note. If you want to use the 45 degree angles and 1px bevels, that last image you posted is good enough.

If you ask nicely :p, I can be reached on ICQ 20369051 and irc.gamesnet.net #badmuthas and I can send you a nice collection of fonts, about 48 in all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 22nd 2001#9388 Report
Have a look at the title of the site. U like??? The theme i have to do is the human body. SO yeah. Any suggestions.
I am gonna have micro button on the bottom bar of the title logo.

http://crackedeggos.homestead.com/files/Hew-Boltz.gif

Thnx in advance
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 22nd 2001#9399 Report
ps6user the reason the image look so big on screen is because you probably scanned them at 300 dpi, you need to take them into photoshop and adjust the dpi down to 72

oblivious.. would ya be able to email me that nice collection of fonts (one can never have enough fonts.. :p ) my email is [email]trhenke@juno.com[/email]

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 22nd 2001#9417 Report
Snore : I would love you mail you the fonts. Can your inbox hold 35Mb files? - 20369051 <---icq me.

These are fonts that are freeware. You can get them anywhere on the net. Some are the hardedged ones like in P6's last image. Some are calligraphy. And some are experiments from gweeble.com.

But yeah, I can send them to you. It's just my assorted list of favorite fonts.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 22nd 2001#9419 Report
48 fonts weigh 35mb.. :o never mind then.. thanks anyways..

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum