TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

curiosity strikes

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 15th 2001#8561 Report
Hey, I'm just sort of curious about this one. But would anyone have any idea of how the main image of this page

http://www.digital-web.com

was made....
I am really amazed by it. or atleast would anyone kno how to make the hexagonal shapes???

by the way, would anyone happen to know if the artist of this used PS?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2001#8565 Report
Loooks like a 3d program probly.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2001#8569 Report
I don't think the hexagons are a 3D program. It looks more like they were just drawn pixel by pixel in Photoshop, then duplicated and rotated. You can see a little pixelation in them, so I doubt it's a 3D program. And yes, I would be willing to wager he used Photoshop. And even if he didn't, it doesn't really matter because you can do all of that in Photoshop anyway.

(By the way, please pay attention to where you post threads. Leave the Showroom forum for displaying work you've done and would like critiqued. Just trying to keep things organized. )
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2001#8585 Report
so would you know of a 3d program that could do that? or a tutorial that could teach me that. I've seen a lot of that type of work around lately. well thanks for your replies
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2001#8594 Report
That would be a combination of a whole lot of tutorials. Basically it's just a whole lot of layers and different blending modes. You could make those hexagons in any 3D program, because they are extremely simple shapes. But like I said, they look like they were just drawn freehand with a 1-pixel pencil tool to me. But just practice with blurry different things; pictures, random squiggles with the airbrush, etc. That will give you a good foundation for that type of image. Then you would take the hexagons, put them on there. Then layer the eye on top of that. Throw some random meaningless text around... Just mess with it.

You know, now that I think about it, those hexagons could actually be done in Photoshop with the 3D rendering filter. Just go to Filters > Render > 3D transform and play with that stuff.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2001#8598 Report
deker, when did you become a mod?

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2001#8600 Report
A couple of days ago. Since the forum is growing so much, pank thought another mod may be appropriate since it was just pank and MBB before.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2001#8604 Report
I can't think of a better one.
congrats dude.
You ARE here all the time anyway... ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2001#8607 Report
nice job deker!
you are one of the more knowledgeable people on here (besides myself of course!)
now can you arrange it so i can say ****?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2001#8611 Report
Ah, thanks for the compliments guys. I'll try to put my new found powers to good use.

As for saying **** on the board, I think that's a little out of my control. But if it's that important, I would suggest making a few choice GIFs, and tastefully inserting them into the body of your post as images. (Shhhhhhhh)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum