TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Writing Text and select a desired outline

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8264 Report
Hello Fellas!
I am 3 days new to PS6. I was wondering how you can create text and then put an outline on it....

i.e- the word "MILK" in black with a blue outline...

thanks fellas....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8291 Report
Just do a "Stroke" layer effect on the text layer. The effects button is on the bottom of the layers pallete, on the far left. Just click on that, then stroke. Pick your width and color, and you're ready to go.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2001#8371 Report
To create text simply select the "text tool" click on the canvas and start typing Photoshop will create a layer exclusively for your text.
If you deselect your text tool and wish to edit that text just double click the "T" with the white background for that layer in the layers pallet and it will highlight the text on that layer.

Outlines:

there are a bunch of ways to do this and they have surprisingly different appearances. Layer styles/effects can be reached by double clicking a layer in PS6.

how I did each (all using "2" for a thickness but you see they don't all look like a "2" pixel stroke.

1) Use the "outer glow" layer style (high opacity, and a low spread in the settings)

2) Like Deker said, "stroke" layer style

3) Make the text the color you want your outline. CTR + click the layer with the text on it, it will make a selection of marching ants around your text. Then make a new layer >Select>modify>contract (2 pixels or whatever) and then fill that selection with black (press "d" and then ALT + delete) deselect (CTR + D) and there you have it....

but you can see the other methods are better they just haven't ALWAYS been available.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum