TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Blurry print-out question.

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8234 Report
I should know this but I don't, hopefully someone can help me out. Through trial-and error, I was trying to print something I made on Photoshop. When I did, it came out really blurry. I was told that you need to change the resolution before starting on the project. I learned that 72 dpi is standard for showing images on the web. What is the setting I would have to use to be able to print the image the way it looks on the screen? I just doubled the 72 to around 144 and my image just blew up and looks gigantic. Is that correct, can someone help me out?

Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8235 Report
300 dpi is standard for print work. Then in Photoshop you can set the physical print size you want the image print out as by press ALT + I, then I again without holding ALT.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8333 Report
At work they use 600 dpi.

I don't do the print stuff, but they do a lot of brochures for resorts and stuff, and I was digging on the network and found a lot of photos they use. I asked the guy if he prints them that high, and he they do.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum