TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Screen Capture, Is there such a thing in Photoshop 5.0?

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 9th 2001#8068 Report
...and how do you do it?:confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2001#8069 Report
If you mean to capture the entire screen, not just photoshop, then try Capture Express or SnagIt. You can get both from www.download.com I believe. Just go there and search for either one of those things, or "Screen capture utilities"
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2001#8070 Report
No, what I mean is in Micrografix it has a tool that allows you to make a selection around a portion of your screen, such as a web page that has a picture you like and would like to have as a wall aper or whatever. You lasso the area you want and it clips that portion out as a .jpg. I was wondering if Photoshop had this.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2001#8071 Report
Oh. No, not that I'm aware of anyway.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2001#8081 Report
Well I was pretty sure that PS didn't have anything like that, but then I got to wondering....so I checked.........and I checked...................and I checked.

As far as I can figure, there isn't one.

But you know what's really easy??

Hit Prt Scrn on your keyboard. Open PS-->File-->New-->OK

Edit-->Paste

Select the area you want

Image-->Crop

Save as you wish.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2001#8082 Report
Yea, I'm aware of the prntscrn method. The prob. with that is you get the whole screen at a really crappy dpi. I went to Capture Express and downloaded a trial version of their program and so far it is pretty good. It allows you to do a free form window to capture portions of the image you want. But I do think the overall agreement is that PS does not have a screen capture tool. To bad, it is a strong one.

Thanks all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2001#8139 Report
Not to step up on any kind of soapbox, but if you're using a Mac, you already have just about all the screen capture functionality you'd ever need, built into the OS. I'll provide the info here for any Mac users that are happen to read this thread and are wondering the same thing. These combos create an image in Mac-native PICT format.

For more extensive options, including variable frame-rate movie captures (with or without sound) of dynamic screen activity, Mac users should look into SnapzPro2 from Ambrosia Software.

Screen Capture from the Mac Help files:
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum