TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

KPT5 help please

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 9th 2001#8055 Report
I just got kpt5 as well, and everything works great except.....shapeshifter. I just want to use it for a similar thing like the tutorial here (a little different but same idea using it to make a metallic ring around the object). But when I use it and it begins rendering (ya kno the colored bar at the bottom that fills up ^_^) it gets to maybe about 25% it just stops...pressing escape brings me an error saying that some "processing error occured(may be due to out of memory)".

Now I kno(or i think) you guys can't help me with that but could you tell me some system specs your using so that i could figure out where the problem is? my computer does meet the requirements although not the greatest.

my specs:
p3 450mhz
128mb ram
voodoo3 3000

thats all i think would matter, let me know what you guys think, I think I need to get more memory, but it should work with 128 shouldn't it? at least thats what the requirements said.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2001#8064 Report
I use kpt 6.0 but here's my stats
p3 750mghrz
256mb of ram
2hds one 60 gig 7200 rpm other 40 gigs 5400 rpm
Geforce 2
Btw on my other pc pshop works good the other one is a celeron 450mghz
192mb of ram
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2001#8140 Report
Allocate more memory to Photoshop, and do yourself a favor by disabling as many background processes as possible.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8257 Report
thanx for that utopian i have yet to try it, I think I can figure out how to do it, but i've never done that before (allocating memory to photoshop) so if you could, how would i do that?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8266 Report
I've done it in windows, and could do it again if I were sitting in front of one, but I use Macs 99.999% of the time and memory allocation isn't something I remember how to do off the top of my head. Ummmm...possibly by right-clicking on the application icon, or looking for properties....something like that.

For Mac users looking in....Click on the application's icon (not an alias icon) and "Get Info..." (Command-I). You'll see numerical entry fields for memory or you can get to it using the drop-down menu in the "Get Info" window, depending on which OS you're using. The number for "Preferred Size" always be at least as big as "Suggested Size", more if possible. A good rule of thumb is to allocate from 5-10 times the amount of the biggest images you usually work on....e.g. If a common file size for your images is 10 MB, you should allocate a minimum of 50 MB of RAM to Photoshop, 100 MB if you have the modules to support it. Keep in mind that you'll need about 30 MB of RAM just to run the OS, unless you've really, really slimmed down your System Folder.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2001#8351 Report
Thanx for the reply again, but I'm running Windows 98se, I looked around to c how i'd do that but haven't found it yet. If it's possible then I'll figure it out sooner or later thanx for the idea!

(I think I saw somethin aobut memory in the properties but there wasn't anyplace to change it from there.)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2001#8355 Report
in photoshop goto Edit>preferences>memory and image cache.

that may help..

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2001#8405 Report
you know who's the man?

SNORE AND UTOPIAN ARE THE MAN!!!!

Thank you so much guys, I woulda been way to slow to look for it within photoshop, even though now it seems kinda of obvious Thanks a lot, it works, now /me happy.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum