TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

3.0 won't initialize

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 27th 2001#688 Report
I'm running both 3.0 and 5.0 on PC. Prefer 3 for some applications. Recently getting "Could not initialize Photoshop because of a program error." message.
Tried reinstalling both versions & just 3, no luck.
Went to Adobe site, got instructions, tried all their solutions, i.e. changing default ps printer, virtual memory, etc. Nothing works. Any help is appriciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 27th 2001#704 Report
If you hadn't been to the adobe forum and asked for help, I would have directed you there.

Maybe there is some bug in you windows registry?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2001#712 Report
Been there done that....
sometimes this works sometimes it doesn't but,...

(if on windows) go to you photoshop forder "program files/adobe/photoshop/ and look around in there and find the phtotshop "prefs" file. Move that file to the recycle bin and then try launching photoshop. it will make a new "prefs" file. That doesn't work?
try the same thing with the .ini file located in the same folder you find the "prefs" file.

(if on mac) system folder/preferences/ find the photoshop preferences and chunk em in the trash.
Launch photoshop

That doesn't work?
Reinstall....(sorry :( )
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2001#713 Report
I had this problem on 2k when PS directory was a compressed directory. Had to decompress to get it to work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2001#724 Report
Thanks tornupinside,
Removing the prefs file did the trick.
Don't know what I'd do without this forum!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 29th 2001#737 Report
no problem, glad to help.

While I'm here I'll say Hi!
ummm,...Hi!
I'm kinda new to this forum, but I've been doing print graphics since 1987 (on a dinosuar apple)
Over the years, I followed the print industry out of the camera room and onto the PC
I have only really begun to mess with any web graphics and have learned tons of stuff from Panks site(s) across the net.
The other night I ran across this site and said "HEY!"
Anyway, Love the forum, Love the topics
Thanks Pank
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum