TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Lines

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 5th 2001#7551 Report
I've searched like hell for a place that can explain this to me.
It is really simple so don't laugh.
how do I make a straight line bend??
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2001#7562 Report
With the pen tool.

Take the pen tool, make a point. Hold down your shift key to make a straight line as long as you wish.

Click the pen tool button, hold it down, and pick the "Add new point" button under there.

Then click on the middle of your line to make the point. Then on that dot that it leaves, click and drag it to your desired location.

You're probably gonna' have to play with it for a while to get the effect that you want to acheive.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2001#7565 Report
Thanks alot mate...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2001#7569 Report
what version does you use??
I have the 5.5 version and there seems like there is no "add new point" button under the pencil button
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2001#7596 Report
not the pencil....
the pen...

choose it by pressing "p" then click once the anchor your line then click where you want the line to go to but keep holding the mouse button down and drag....

watch what that does
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2001#7599 Report
Gosh.....I've seen this query a couple of times!LOL I think I'll try to post a tutorial for the Pen Tool on the web.
Later,
Justin
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2001#7606 Report
Torn, you're gonna' screw him all up. That's why I was having such a frustrating time when I 1st tried to learn the pen. I couldn't seem to get my lines to have nice curves, because I clicked and dragged the new point. Gives you that funky "S" curve thing........as a matter of fact, I quit trying to learn the pen for that exact reason.

Edit:
Hhahahahah........torn, I just read your little quote thing underneath your sig pic......hahahahhaha.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2001#7835 Report
I've figured this out now. though I can't fill the line.
how do I do that?
I've tryed to right klick and do that. But nothing happens

cheers
Andy
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 8th 2001#7886 Report
Why would you add a third point? Just make the first point, then make the second point without letting go of the mouse button and start dragging, you'll get the hang of it very soon and it's MUCH easier and faster.

Whe you have dragged you get 2 lines coming out of your point, one is to define the curve you have made, the other is to show you the direction the following curve will have. You can edit these by pressing the alt button (That's in illustrator, don't know for PS but I don't feel like starting up ), go to one of the 'dots' on the end of the lines and point them in the right direction.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 8th 2001#7910 Report
To fill it.

Window-->View Work Paths (I think..something like that anyways)

Right-click that little window there that has your curved line.

Click Stroke-->Pencil

**Before you do this, you may want to make sure that your pencil settings are set to what you want your line to look like. E.G.= 1 pixel width, 40 pixel width.

You're probably gonna' have to play with the settings here too. You'll get it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum