TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Clear Thumbnails, please!!

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 5th 2001#7515 Report
Hi there,

I'm quite new to photoshop, so here is my firest question.

How can I make a focused thumbnails from a website to a portfolio?

I do "print screen" and then reduce its size in Pshp. The problem is that the picture becomes fuzzy and not clear.
I do filter--> sharpen but it's not enough( I save it as gif or jpeg but still same problem.

Any tip will help me a lot!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2001#7519 Report
It depends on how small yo want it. You can also just take a small part of the site, like the header and some of the content so you won't have to shrink it that much.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2001#7522 Report
How are you reducing the size? If you're just trying to shrink it by adjusting the Image Size, that will make it fuzzy.

What I do is, have the full screen in PS, then Select > All, then use the Numeric Transform to scale it down, (Edit > Transform > Numeric), by adjusting the width\height percentage.

You can see how these 600 x 400 images turned out done like that:

http://thewaltdisneynut.com/parks/magickingdom/frontierland/splash.shtml

Or here, where I took two seperate screen shots of the Disney site front page (due to the length of the page), stiched them together, and scaled them down. It's not super clear, but you can get the general idea of what the site looks like.

http://visualintensity.com/temp/

Hope that helps.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2001#7523 Report
Thank you all.

I'll try those advices. I think it 'll be OK!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2001#7600 Report
sounds backwards I know....but try doing a guassian blur like 1.0 before you shrink it then sharpen after you get to the size you want.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum