TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Newbie Needs Some Help!

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 4th 2001#7474 Report
Hey there, I wanted to know how to do a few things in Photoshop 5.0:

1) A mosaic background like: http://www.reactiondesign.net/tutorials/mosaic.html - I don't have the "clouds" effect, so I wasn't sure how to do it.

2) I have some images that I'd like to make transparent, so that they'll fit onto any BG image. Just like what http://www.adobe.com has.

Any help would greatly be appreciated! Thanks in advance...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2001#7475 Report
1.) Are you sure you don't have the clouds filter in 5.0? I'm using 5.02 and I have it. You could use the mosaic filter on anything such as a photograph or you could even airbrush circles onto a solid background which will kind of emulate the clouds filter. If you want send me an e-mail with the image size and colors you want and I'll apply the clouds filter on a layer for ya and it to ya.

2.) Create a new image with the trasparency checkbox checked or delete the background layer. Export to GIF and click the square box that's the Transparency Index Color, which is on the export to GIF screen. Choose the color that matches most closely your background and save.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2001#7476 Report
No clouds filter?

is it an LE version?...even the LE and tryout versions came with clouds didn't they?

a reinstall might be in order.

ahh, anyway...
you can make clouds good enough to make that mozaic effect just by using a very soft large airbrush. make some light gray clouds and some light black clouds....on seperate layers and tinker with the opacity till you get what you want....then flatten and go on with the tutorial.

Images with transparency:

you'll have to use .gif format since .jpg does not support transparency... In older versions of photoshop you had to put a background color behind the image....and then specify that color as transparent in the .gif settings...When saving the .gif you'll see the transparency settings.

In photoshop 6 all you have to do is trash the background layer and it automaticaly makes the background of the image transparent if you check transparency in the gif settings.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum