TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Utopian23----------->

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 2nd 2001#7331 Report
Thanks. Heres that file of the flower print, its about 200 KB. This is almost what it looked like at the store. Flowerprint Thanks agian. Let me know of any tips or tricks for doing this if you can.
thanks
shane
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2001#7415 Report
Shane...

Give THIS a try. You'll be confronted with an interstitial page from Tripod...just click on the link provided to D/L the file.

I kept the file separated into 2 layers like you had it. I recompressed it in .zip format using Stuffit Deluxe (I'm using a Mac, but S.D. can compress for pc's). If you have any problems opening it, let me know....you might initially have to delete ".psd" from the filename to unzip it. Also if you have trouble opening it in Photoshop, it'll be just a matter of renaming it something like "tile.psd"

Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2001#7432 Report
Well, I cant see the file. I can unzip it, then its "flowerprinttile.psd.BIN" then I remove the bin part and open it in photoshop and it says its an invalid photoshop document. Try sending it unziped, or as a high quality jpeg. I played around with the file name for like 5 miniuts and still couldnt find anything that worked.

thanks,
shane
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2001#7460 Report
Shane...

It sounds like you need to get yourself a more robust decompression utility. What that ".bin" designates is that the file is still compressed in a binary format. I've had trouble with compressing files for uncomplicated expansion on PC's before, though I know Stuffit Deluxe is quite capable of doing it. I'd rather not save it as a JPEG, since you'd lose the layers. We'll give it a day or two to see if another PC user might offer a suggestion, and also to give you time to see if you can find a freeware decompresor that will handle the binary format.

If we have no luck, we'll try something else.

MobileBadBoy...any suggestions? How 'bout giving the file above a try?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2001#7461 Report
I tried to open it numerous ways when you first posted it. Wouldnt work.

Remember, we had this problem when you made that correction for me on that 1 image.

Although probably a large file size, I think the best thing is to just upload the raw .psd, and download it that way, right click and save as.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2001#7464 Report
Shane...

Let's see if THIS VERSION works.

I used Stuffit to create a self-extracting archive (.exe)...A double-click should open it. You need not be worried about anything I assure you. I don't work on PC's, don't know virus coding, plus the owner of this site, Pank, has my home phone and address!

It'll be worth the wait...I think you'll be pleased with the tile!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2001#7465 Report
That worked.

Dropped the extension on me, but I just went into Explorer and re-added the .exe to it, and it worked fine.

Windows XP has a new way of saving, which I keep forgetting about, so that might have been the problem with the extension.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2001#7470 Report
ok whats the secret..........I got it to work, I had to add .exe to the end though. Lokks good!Thats defenetly what I was lookin for.
howd u do it? did you use the clone tool some how?

oh yea, whats up with the guidline through the center? was that used to make it tile?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2001#7478 Report
Good...Glad you got it, glad you liked it.

For the strokes layer I redrew and erased a bit, adhering to the style of the strokes. Pretty much the same with the colored background...with a wee bit of cloning thrown in for reasons of efficiency.

The guideline was just one I forgot to get rid of when I was finished...I was just using it for an eyeball reference.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2001#7479 Report
ok, i think I got it, now I'm going to see what I can do. Thanks a million for the advice and "demonstration" if you will.

shane
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum