TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Moving more than 1 layer at a time?

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7068 Report
How do I move more than one layer at a time. I cannot merge the layers, because of the different blending modes, and I'm not going to move them all individually because of the blurring.

I know "usually" to select more than one thing, you use CTRL + Click or SHIFT + Click, but that doesn't work with PS 6.0.

Any help in a hurry is appreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7073 Report
Just link them together.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7075 Report
If you don't know how to link, just click the box by the "Eye" icon on each layer. Then a little chain link will appear, and the layers will move together.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7084 Report
Furthermore:

After linking layers you can (some only in version6)
"move" them together.
"align" them with one another.
"distribute" them evenly between centers

Interface enthusiast:

Have 12 components making up a button and its rollover states?

You can link all those component layers and from the layers pallet pop-out menu select: "Make set from linked" and put all those pieces into a nice neat little package which you can name "button master" (or whatever).
Then duplicate that "set" for the rest of your navigation. All you have to do then is change the Text inside each set for each button.

Alot of you already know this I know.....but I'm sure alot didn't.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7086 Report
Those layer sets are one of my favorite new features of 6.0. Not just for the reasons Torn mentioned, but just for organization... Finally I don't have to search through a pile of 50 layers, I can just group them together, with color coding, and collapse the ones I'm not working on. Hooray for Photoshop 6.0!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7098 Report
Thanks guys.....'preciate the help
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum